LandWatch will work for sound land use policies that:
- Provide affordable housing for local working families, located within mixed-income neighborhoods.
- Create urban growth boundaries to stop costly and destructive urban sprawl.
- Establish strong, long-term protection for commercially productive farmlands.
- Require that adequate public facilities and services, including police, fire, schools, parks, transportation facilities, and reliable water supplies, be in place prior to, or concurrently with, new development.
- Improve the regulatory process by making it more effective, efficient, and accountable.