LandWatch has supported numerous projects that include affordable housing. Monterey County has had opportunities to incorporate affordable housing for those with incomes below the area average. There are two ways to accomplish affordable units: require their construction or take in-lieu fees for a future project. LandWatch supports actual construction because it delivers affordable units within a specified time, instead of stockpiling in-lieu fees and possibly never constructing them.
There are several housing-related topics we are tracking. The first is affordable housing covered on this page. The second is employer-sponsored housing.
These are the housing projects that LandWatch has supported:
- Spreckel’s Crossing (Tanimura & Antle)
- Salinas Valley
- Boronda Villas (Nunes, Hibino & Rodriguez families)
- Harvest Moon Project (A conglomerate of agri-businesses)
- Salinas Central Area Plan (Salinas Housing Justice Coalition and Stone Bridge developers)
- Pebble Beach
- Morse Place Townhouses (Pebble Beach Company)
- Greenfield Commons
- Walnut & 3rd Apartments (Avila Construction of farmworker housing)
- Downtown Specific Plan Density Cap Overlay
- 2200 N. Fremont Street Project
- Garden Road rezone
- Pacific Grove