This 870 acre project site spans two areas south of State Route 68 between River Road and Toro Park and between San Benancio Road and Toro Park. The project proposes 185 residential lots including 168 market-rate lots, 23 clustered lots for workforce housing units & 17 lots for Inclusionary housing units; and a 12 acre parcel for a visitor center.
LandWatch engages in the public process in a variety of ways. For this project, here is a list of our engagement strategies.
- Legal Briefs: The Record of LandWatch Court Documents
As part of our legal proceedings on the Ferrini Ranch case, we’ve complied the court documents.
- Press Release: LandWatch Appeals Ferrini Ranch Decision (505K PDF)
After weighing its options, LandWatch and its legal counsel, decide to appeal the Superior Court decision on Ferrini Ranch. (11.07.17)
- Petition: LandWatch Lawsuit on Ferrini Ranch (220K PDF)
Review the Petition in the LandWatch case against the County of Monterey and developers of the Ferrini Ranch project. (01.16.15)
- Letter: Offers New Information on Water Supply (6.9 MB PDF)
LandWatch brought to the Board of Supervisors’ attention new information related to water supply issues that became available after the initial close of public comments at the December 2, 2014 Board of Supervisors hearing. (12.15.14)
- Letter: Comments on the Final Environmental Impact Report (916K PDF)
LandWatch argues that the County cannot legally approve this project because it has
not conducted an adequate environmental review and because the project is inconsistent with the 1982 General Plan, under which it is reviewed.(12.02.14)
- Letter: Comments on the Recirculated Draft Environmental Impact Report (417K PDF)
LandWatch provides substantive comments on the project as it relates to wildfire, the project description, mitigation measures, alternatives analysis, and more. (08.18.14)
- Letter: Comments on the Impacts to Fort Ord National Monument (352K PDF)
LandWatch outlines the aesthetic impacts to the Fort Ord National Monument from the proposed Ferrini Ranch project. (01.17.13)
- Letter: Comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Report (334K PDF)
LandWatch offers comments on the project description, aesthetics and visual considerations, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology, hazards, population and more. (11.16.12)